Sunday, May 13, 2007

Mutha's day

Hi MOM! Happy Moms' Day!
It was originally a day for moms to protest WW1, and then was turned into “A thing” by well wishing children with help from the greeting card people.
Well, Mutherin is some hard work man. I would take my hat off for them, but my kid ran off with it.
I'm lucky enough to have recently seen my mom, in Texas.
She married a snake oil salesmen that already had some young kids, and she uses the same belt on them that she did on me.
I'm glad she is a happy lady, with joy in her life.
I feel a little bad for freaking out and complaining so much about the toxic, selfish and “proud to be ignorant” state of the state of Texas. Sorry, Mom.
My mom had her hands full with me from the gate. I was really quick AND I had thumbs.
Sometimes, when it's 2 in the afternoon and I come upon my full coffee (that I bought at 10 that morning), cold and untouched, I wonder how much coffee my mom must have never gotten to.
Now, I raised my little girl, it's true.
When we first got to Portland, things weren't working out so good.
We thought we had a place to land, and ended up in the big city with an infant and no home.
Caffeine found a job first, and I took care of the little one.
She did me a great favor in letting me experience being prime care giver...I use that term loosely, since Caff would get home from work to take over, so I could go clowning(drinking).
Now, Caffeine has taught the kids enough Sign Language for them both to communicate with her over the roar that is our house.
The boy had a bit of cradle cap goin on, so she cut him bihawks. He looks cool.

I think my kids are so lucky to have Caffeine as a mom. I mean, who wouldn't want a rock star mom who teaches them great ideas and equips them with all they need; spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally.
I'm amazed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment, Babe.
By the bye, I got this tidbit in an email from my church:


Happy Mother Day
Mother’s Day originated in the late 1800’s by Julia Ward Howe, a Unitarian. She was horrified by the Franco-Prussian War, a war she thought could easily have settled without killing people. Mother Day was actually Peace Day, and was celebrated for years on June 2. In 1906 Anna Jarvis proposed that Mothers Day be celebrated on a different date and in a different way. Her proposal to Congress focused on a day to honor mothers and she chose the Sunday in May to honor the death of her own mother. A day set aside for peace was soon forgotten.
Today the 3rd/4th graders will be talking about peace and Julia Ward Howe who also wrote the words for the Battle Hymn of the Republic.

Anonymous said...

That kid is getting big! i miss carrying him around.

im in nyc right now about to head off to build on a raft and clown around and play music on the Mississippi

www.missrockaway.org

Kiss Bank is split up. not for good, just...we will miss our violinist i dont know where she is off to.

maybe ill see you guys in june for Pinga's wedding, maybe not. miss oyu guys.

Rocket.

Anonymous said...

The boy looks real tuff with bihawks.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.