Wednesday, March 28, 2007

grease from an oil rig.

I'm thinking about the ocean, I grew up on the Gulf Of Mexico and have a lot of respect for the natural world. I have so much respect that I leave it alone.
At a young age, i saw my beach get crowded with concrete and steel hotels, the offshore become a parking lot for oil rigs and in between, more and more cars.
Nasty stuff would always wash up on people who swam , we kept a coffee can full of Kerosene in the van to scrub off oil that I was told was a natural occuring phenomina.
Now I know it was grease from an oil rig.
I have to sell seafood at my job, and because I'm really good at my job, I sell a lot. My boss thanked me for selling so many plates of mussles and it made my heart sink, I hate being part of theproblem.
I think about all those floating factory farms on the open ocean, methodecly clear cutting the ancient bounty.
Will Workforf Ood worked on one of those in Alaska and has nothing good to say about the expierience.
Natural mass extinction events have happened a lot, we are one now, so how much should I care if it's what naturally happened.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.