Tuesday, January 16, 2007

stress


I've never payed a dime in auto insurance in my life, I'm 38 something and I have never owned a car.
You would think, “wow dude you must be a cave man not having a car and stuff life must be a breeze”
Well I am a cave man, and my commute is far quicker and less stressful than the I-5 power gridlock but It's not all glitz and glamor, I still manage to have an aching body, tired feet and some kind of stress bearing down my back at all times.
This night was a rough one, I had to deal with one of the most crummy things that happens to a parents.
A sick 8 year old.
I was startled from my bed by the sound of my little girl, politely as she could, yelling for help.
I whipped around the corner while still pulling up my pants and saw the poor girl, sitting in the pot fully clothed and supporting her head on the tub.
She had gotten that far and run out of energy, she had a fever and was talking like she had one foot in the spirit world.
Her voice was faint and her face didn't move much when she spoke, I was afraid, let me tell ya.
Cffeine got there shortly after I did and began gathering stuff to clean her with.
I rocked my child in my arms like I did when she was little, she liked that.
She got a little taste of when she was a baby but wasn't ready for the other babyhaivior, I had to wipe her butt, she didn't like that at all.
I'm telling you this but don't you come up to my kid talking about her having an accident or I will be forced to pull your jaw out of your skull and feed it to my dog, I love my little girl.
We kind of milled around and took care of her, after a bit Caff layed down with her and I went back to the room.
The baby woke up shortly thereafter, filling the pre dawn house with the shrill cry of "I'm up, evryone deal with me!" I looked down and laughed at how used to stress I have become...I was still wearing a condom.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.