Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I groped my way through work last night, all sick and stuff from the throat ills, scratchy and dry, saw a lot of friends that I was glad to see but too course to yell hello to.
I feel a lot better now.
I got home around 3am and crashed out with Caff and the baby until 5am and helped with kid stuff.
After all that was done Caff told me she and Bizzy had planned to go to the Goodwill Bins but she was busy making Dawg Snax.
She also needed a run to the sticks to get 150 pounds o0f bean flour for Snax.
I made a choice to forgo sleep and go to get the stuff. We need some stuff for a film shoot we are working on, I'm glad I did.
We got to the Goodwill Bins after scouting a lot of locations for one of Pinga's scenes.
As I got into the school gym shaped room I beheld many Older ladies with babushkas and Russian accents patrolling 50 or so giant bins full of clothes.
I can tell it was a job to them and god bless um.
I designated one table as the urine section because there was a big bird cage in one of the bins that smelled of pee.
The funny thing is , it didn't smell like bird or rodent piss, it smelled human YUK!
As is the custom, from time to time, haggard looking worker bees, drag out six giant bins full of junk and then drag out another six.
The people get pole position and wait like sheep for the trough. When the bins get there they quickly start going through the piles of stuff, looking for treasure.
It's all sold by the pound so today I got a DVD player for about 32 cents.
Last time I came to this place was during the Big Bang Circus days. I went looking for bath mats to make chaps out of and found a train wreck.
Then it was Xmas and when six bins got there, it was a fight. Kickin screamin yelling and pullin.
And all this stuff is crap that other Goodwill stores couldn't sell.
With the fools fighting like seagulls over scraps, I turned to Doc Chopper to show him this catastrophy and he was gone.
Of course he was in the fray too biting and kicking for broken Barbie toys or something.
I got paints, some props and some clothes for the kids, I was ready to go but I took a wonderful turn.
In one of the bins, not far from “urine bin”I found a VHS tape of Heavy Metal band, Queensriche “Operation Mindcrime”
An important album for Heavy Metal because it was like George Orwell,s 1984 but with big hair and spandex.
Like the Terminator I scanned the tape for a list of variables:
Is there a tape in the box?
Y.
Is the tape intact? Y. How long is it? 45 min. thats cool Yeah!
Now I'm too tired to sleep.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.