Saturday, January 13, 2007

Holy smokes, this wasn't my day...or was it?

The thing about working the night shift is that you sleep all day.
Who would want to get home from work and fall right asleep?
I'm up a few hours writing and puttering, scheming and brooding, helping with the baby and I usually
crash at daybreak.
I had wanted to play music with my kid the next day but that didn't happen.
If I stay up longer I can help get the one kid to school (the one I promised to play music with) it's a big help.
When I sleep, it's easy to forget about me alltogether, I didn't hear a peep from anyone at all.
Today I woke up late for work, work starts at 8 pm and thats when I woke up.
That sucked so bad to go from sleep to work, that fast.
Then I had to train Raul to close the kitchen he don't know the English, thats OK because I pretend to know Spanish well enough to tell him whats up, the thing is, he can't read.
He can't work that job without being able to read, you have to read orders and cook them.
He did clean very well and I decided to teach him as much English as I could before he gets the boot.
I got my pay check, $200 damn! I was sick so long, I didn't get many hours.
When I got done working I jumped on my bike and this time another sound happened, the sound of metal grinding into metal, I dismounted as my derailier careened into my back rim, I had to walk the beast all the way home, what a bad trip! or was it?
It could have been worse, I could have woken up at 9 and gotten fired.
I could have woken up on fire.
I could have not woken up.
I could have come home from work, went right to bed, and woken out of boredom in plenty of time for kid and job, done that, came home and had nothing to tell you.

Raul, well he is still screwed but he won't know I wrote this about him will he?

When I do get to play music with the girl, it will be more fun because we tried.
I could be the kind of person who writes off Raul.
I did get some sleep, usually I get only a few fitful hours of sleep, the hall outside is loud with kids and clowns.
My check could have bounced, There could have been no check.
The sick clinic was free, it really would have sucked if my illness costed money plus lost dough in man hours.
The bike could have given me no warning and my head could have been painted all over the frozen pavement in the middle of the night on a desolate street.
I think this was a fine day

2 comments:

Haskull said...

Rt. on Dingo,that's good shit.Was that you on Anthony Bordains: No Reservations ?

Dingo Dizmal said...

What is RT.?
I did some checking and it seems this man did a show episode in the North west but I didn't see anything about us.
We don't have cable but I did hear from some friends that we are on a commercial.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.