Monday, September 11, 2006

A fine summer at the clown house

A fine summer draws to a close. Guess who has to go to public school this year?
The deal was, if she got 20 sour marks for behavior this summer, she would have to go to public school and that's exactly how mush she got.
This sucks, public school just makes kids dumber and meaner. It's not the nightmare that my school life was (part of why I can't spell), but we do notice the child returning from school with a chip on her shoulder.
She home schooled and was well above her grade's bench marks, plus got to be a kid.
I wish I could have done that, I wasted my childhood on pointless schooling, I wish I had been allowed to just smell the dandylions and ride bikes.

I didn't finish school by a long shot. I ran away in 11th grade and joined the circus.
I can't spell, count, mesure or even wipe all the way, but still I have more published articles than I can remember. I invent complex things, sold over a grand worth of rubber chicken paintings (I failed ALL the art and music classes I took)and I'm working on a second music album.
I learned to read from Mad magazine and Penthouse. I never use any of the stuff they told me I needed to know.I own a buissnes for crissakes!
HEY KIDS!
QUIT SCHOOL IF YOU CAN!
It's in the president's best interest to keep you stupid, it's no accident that schools are so under funded, why not beat them at thier own game and ditch the whole school idea all together?
Put grandma to use! What better way to stave off alhiemers than if she is keeping her mind sharp teaching kids the stuff they really do need to know like "Don't piss in the wind" or "How to grow your own food".


No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.