Wednesday, August 02, 2006

From McNutty the Clown

I was reading an article on corporate image clean-ups, specifically corporations (like "Phillip Morris") are changing their names (to "Altria") to avoid associations with their terrible doings (a bazillion cases of lung cancer and the lies to deny it).

Read the whole article here, http://www.badcorp.org/articles.cfm?article=6 , if you like.

But, the best re-naming by far has to be,

" Nuclear Engineering, who dispose of toxic and radioactive waste, will distance themselves from the bad record of anything nuclear, with the name US Ecology. Yes, US Ecology will bury the toxic waste near your house now."

Awesome! Makes me proud to have studied years of "ecology" in a "university". I guess the job market probably just opened up a little wider. Where do I apply?

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.