Friday, August 04, 2006

Been too busy to write you

The crew from the movie "Buskers USA" left today, they spent a few days here with us filming and getting interviews about Busking in Portland.
I did my experiment for them where I dressed as a bum, a disabled person and a classical guitarist for the same amount of time if front of New Seasons on 33rd.
The beggar got 15bucks in 30 min. and the artist got 2 and that was because the giver knew me, my mentally disabled character made nothing.

The pro homeless guy made the money but the giver also griped him out telling him "You need to get it together man." He angrily stormed into the grocery store as 2 producers confronted him, showed him the director and several hidden cameras. He got a big grin and signed the release papers.
Portland pays bums and not artists.

It's no surprise, it's human nature. Why do you think The Jesus is always portrayed flayed on a stick rather than the more positive image of the big water walking trick?
 Perceived desperate situations command action, cool stuff is just cool stuff.
Glad I'm not a street performer.
The L.A.film crew was great to hang out with. I will miss them.
Yesterday the executive Producer of the film came out to Portland to see the film's progress and he turned out to be the founder of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, he gave the Clown House a banjo lesson but I missed it because I had been called in to work to have a bartender meeting, that sucked.
I missed a banjo lesson from a guy who won a Grammy, to get told things I already know by a wet brained lady that nobody wan'ts to work with. Good times!

So work BS aside (the rest of my job is great) The show biz job is fun and starting to be profitable.
The Circus of Tiny Invisibility blew in to town yesterday from the big easy so be ready for a cool show or two from them and I am doing a show of music at the Know on Alberta on the 15th (my birthday) most of our crew will be at the dreaded Mutantfest so it may just be you, me,Chlorine that night.

Right now the home school collective is in the yard doing yoga, across the street gentrification is buzzing loudly as they demolish the apartments and build condos, the dog is un affected and I'm gonna do some laundry befor work.
Have a good day friend!

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.