Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Wow


I was just infiltrating around the neighborhood looking for perps, bike thieves, nerdowells and desperados when I came upon a horror.
I was listening to the Underscore Orchestra CD that I swiped from the merch box on head phones.
Have you ever had head phoned music blend into your surroundings so much you forget you're wearing music?
that's what happened, I was looking over a fence at some bike racks when I noticed a bearded guy sitting on some steps sawing on this little guitar.
WTF?!!!
Let me tell ya friends, I don't own a bike but I do own four guitars and a banjo and I defend them with wild ferocity, I,ve been known to throw grouchy house cats full of ear medication at people who come too close to my guitars.
See, I can't watch a fool take a saw and cut the poor thing in half, it's not a coffee maker or a TV, it's an extention of your soul if you let it, so.
I did what anyone in that situation would do, I began throwing rocks.
I threw rocks like a gorilla, head down, no aiming, just a fury of stone and cold mud clods in the general direction of the perpetrater.At one point all I had in reach were muddy handfuls of gravel and grass.
Only after I could hear the guy stop screaming did I get a good look and realized that he wasn't cutting a small guitar in half at all, He was playing violin.
Boy was I embarrassed, It was Cooper from the Underscore Orchestra practicing his fiddle and getting ready for his gig tonight.
He understood my mistake and we laughed really hard after he hit me in the face with a frying pan he pulled from a recycling bin.
The lesson...If you are stalking show people, make sure your not listening to their music at the time cuz it may look like they are sawing a guitar in half.
Hey my kid turned 8 today, I got her a set of hot dice.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.