Saturday, April 08, 2006

Thank you Liz






Clown House alum Liz took great and careful care of our two kids last night so we could do a gig.
It's so wierd to be able to go anyplace but work.
If I'm not at work, I'm here working so thats why I havent talked to you for a bit.
Caffeine has been working 24 hour shifts since the baby was born, she is really beat after the show and the constant needyness of her family.
The show went over great exept for one thing, there was hardly a crowd to perform for, I kinda wish I had gone to work instead (for the money) we really need a more commited crew, this one is running on most of the work being done by only a few people so we couldn't get many fliers out, good thing because we also couldn't get anyone in charge of merch.
We had a new clown work out with us, that was cool, she had head gear and a hoola hoop outfit.
I got us into a little trouble when I was doing my "Stunt Banjo" act and as I played bluegrass music at break neck speed, laying on the stage, a stack of plates was placed on my groin, the top one filled with a puddle of gas and a bowling ball dropped into the whole mess.
So my crotch exploded in flames and broken china and I finished the song.
Your not supposed to have fire on stage in a little club so Caffo (as Aunty Mcdonalds) got balled out by the owner for doing that, next time we will use a candle.
We got new buttons, it took the guy forever but here they are.
And now for your quick lesson in Clown Show jagon:
"pencil holder" Thats pulling the back of your pants down only far enough to expose the top of your butt crack.
"Hey Rube!": yelled when a member of the team needs help right away, like if they are getting robbed or attacked, this works in carnivals and circuses all over the world.
We got asked to do a corporate gig yesterday but that was too little notice to get the show on the road.
When I got the email asking for a show I first thought "Corporate gig, no way!" but then I got to thinking how much fun it would be to have free reign in an office building, we could be gremlins, running all over the place, sitting on zerox units and throwing stuff out the windows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, all clowns are invited to my house for a super dress up vegan potluck tonight. I'm making chili, but there will be plenty of other food for people who can't take the heat of my specialty. -Liz