Thursday, March 16, 2006

I was riding home from work just now and found myself in a conundrum.
I rode “Toaster's super tall, deluxe laundry bike” on the side walk (this is going on at around 3:45 am) to avoid traffic, and noticed a black mountain bike laying in the grass by the street.
light was dim but I could see that it looked beat up and worn. Passing by 10 feet in the air I could see the seat was ripped with a waterlogged hole from which a foam tit stuck out, rust and mud, illegible stickers and parts that were clearly made in china by the Huffy company.
I wondered if it belonged to a kid or a bike thief, nether demographic are famous for taking good care of bikes.
I would think that even a lazy adult or teenager would drag a bike at least to the porch on inside the wooden fence.
I really wanted to stop and throw the bike into the yard of the unlit house it was in front of, Iv'e done crap like that before.
My thinking is that I don't want bike thieves to think our hood is an easy supermarket, also I don't want the kid to lose his bike because cars stink, and I would rather anyone ride a bike places.
So do I get off my bike and risk the cops pulling up and having to tell them I'm “Unstealing a bike” ???
Don't know what to do.
I didn't follow my instinct to care for the bike because at the last second I realized that I have used bikes as bait in booby traps so I moved on not wanting to be a victim or statistic.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.