Friday, February 24, 2006

That was cool huh?

I'm glad we had a little gig to fill the blog while I was doing intimate, baby stuff.
Family, (both from difernt directions out of state.) and kid, dog, house mates and work all had to be sorted out at once and boy howdy, that was a challenge.
3 grand Parents and my sister spent a day after the birth of ma' boy, cleaning the Clown House from top to bottom. That was so cool, after the boy was born, Caff was out of it and I kinda was too, it;s great to have help when your crotch explodes with babyness.
I tried to relax for a day or two because I have a HUGE struggle in front of me holding up our little familia keeping the bills paid and all that junk. Dawg Snax is Caffs job, I'm sure glad we have frikkin Dawg Snax.
To the parents, my bank account must look like a collection of worn lotto tickets that I keep calling "Savings bonds".
Before grampa and grama ( They aren't old as that sounds) left the Clown House back to Washington I managed to convince them to do a song or two for my mom.
Grandpa and I both had guitars and Caffo's mom sang a few John Prine numbers and I think an old standard.
Caff kept telling us to be quiet for the baby but when a chorus would come up she couldn't help but sing along.
the next day, our housemates 2 year old trashed the place into a smoking crater, right in front of my mom and sister.
So we cleaned it up again and so far it's been holding good.
This place sure noticed the parents around, they all pretty much cleared out, I don't blame them.
My mom and sis are used to me living in places as "underground" as the Clown House but they aren't used to the idea of me having kids, they know me as the guy who once tried to change a kid's diaper by force of erosion using the water hose.
So understandably the p's kind of had no idea that I'm a professional father, working with state of the art information and guidance in the task of kid health, happiness and wellbeing.( the boys gonna have ta learn spellin from sowher el6) I have a great partner and lots of community within a 5 block radius, Ive done this for seven years 24-7.
I understood and didn't freak out on any of them.
The house is now back to normal.
The girl with the two little kids gave notice so the big room here will be opening soon.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.