Saturday, December 03, 2005

The good the bad and the ugly




The Good:
Saltys pet store on Mississippi Ave. Put in a huge order of our Dogalicious Dawg Snax (yay!)and Caffeine has been making them for the order so they all look extra good. Our income was cut and the rent went up, it's a big help Thanks Paula!

Joyli has an 18 month old baby and yesterday offered us diaper wraps and clothing for my son (due to explode from a local crotch circa mid Feb.) we have been ducking from baby showers because we don't need any of the plastic junk and strollers that people think babes need diapers and wraps, yup we will actually need those thanks Joyli.

Detective Inkface will be tabling the apocalyptic weapons museum with me on the 7th here's where it is
I think the hours are 4-7, come on down and see the melee.

On the 15th at the Know on Alberta we will be doing a carpet clown gig between about 4 bands. We will have an escape artist, dangerous stuntage and of course me bangin on a banjo like a coo coo head.

Our little girl has been out of public school this year (she was coming home dummer than when she left) and now with the home schooling she is just amazing. Kids learn better when the parents decide to take the pay cut and spend time with them. Me? I still cant spell my way out of a paiper bagg.

The cities case against the Clown House has been closed, they didn't tell us that, we found out online. "Portland the city that works...You."

We have a new roomie, his name is Paul and he is fabulous, we have needed a gay guy in our ranks for years now, the house IS being cleaned and we now have large potted plants and throw rugs YAH, welcome home Paul!!

My art show "History with Rubber Chickens" is up at Zaytoon on Alberta, it looks great and I hear it's getting laughs.

The Bad:
Lynn gave 30 days notice to move out. She found better weather in Georgia and we will miss her greatly, she sure has improved the livability of life here, she will be hard to replace.
Zach gave 30 days notice to move out. I moved my family into my office so their room could be the band practice room. Soon as they were moved in I hear from a friend that he was moving out, that sucks. That brought my rent up and my space way down.
The couple (of idiots) that just moved out a few days ago, I'll call them "Mother of the year and Wetbrain" were asked to basically be good roommates, they responded by taking off before rent was due and leaving pile and piles of rubbish, this is part of why the city gets on us, people move out and leave crates of garbage for us to deal with.
Caffeine is so tired of crappy roommates, so am I, it seems that the system is set up against people who try to do the right thing. 8 years we have been helping people, using as little resources as possible and standing up for the little guy and we get slammed from all angles.
The lease is only a half a year more, then I think we need a drastic change.
The Ugly:
I know a guy on Alberta who is brutal to his employees, serves food that's poison to the G.I. tract at best, thinks its cool to pour harsh chemicals down the drain and to the river. He drinks whisky and bangs tranny hookers on the prep table at night when his wife and kid think he's catering. This monster is doing great bushiness, his place is always full (they don't know what or who goes down where the food is made). One of the tranny hookers is a very close friend of mine and she wants him to punished but doesn't want the drama to come down on us or her.
Yeah thats ugly alright.
I woke up to the stress of problems and the jealousy I have of people who are bastards and still do better than any of us.
I had to write it all down so I could see in perspective what we are trying to do and how effective we really are.
I was looking at this blog, the times before I knew all the crap was gonna hit the fan, I was so hopeful for the future, I still am, just in another way.

No comments:

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.