Monday, December 05, 2005

Boy is Caffeine pissed off..

One of the guys that gave notice failed to pay his rent, it came out of our pockets and now the guy is hardly around and kind of avoids us. He said he would pay us back but the responsability when you stiff your roomies is to make it a priority to pay them back or at least say something.
Caffeine is the one who tallys the bills and deals with the man, (landlord, city, and such) she is pregnant and dealing with a mountain of trash left by unscrupulus ex roomates.
We can't wait to get out of this house, too many adults who see her raising the little ones and think she is"House MOM" they give her all the angst that they want to give their parents and no thank yous for doing all the unpleasant stuff like bill divvying and constant cleaning up.
That's so damn bunk.
Why am I telling you this?
Well think of it as me talking to myself and giving you the option to listen in.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me sad and mad that the Clown House is falling apart. It doesn't have to be this way with renters... if you always get a month's deposit at the beginning. Then if someone isn't holding up their end of things warn them, then kick them the hell out and get someone more appreciative. Worst case scenario is that you give them 30 days notice at the end of a month, they don't pay you for their last month but you've got a month's rent anyway. Before move-in, make an agreement about housework and stuff, get it in writing, all parties sign it. Yeah, more formal probably than your style, but it prevents misunderstandings in the long run.

Anonymous said...

i think this is why communism fell. this, and that damn wall was in the way.

Dingo Dizmal said...

The C.H. isn't falling apart (well structurally it is) We just have had a rash of idiots screw us when we go out of our way to help them.
When Caffeine and I got to town many years ago we lived in a tent on the outskirts of a graveyard. That would have been fine but we had a 6 month old child.
Everywhere we looked for housing required a 30 buck, non refundable credit report and tons of paper work. We ended up on interstate ave in the seedy hotels, it sucked.
I made a decision to do something about it when I got on my feet.
We help out folks with no ID or sometimes it's the persons first place away from the parents nest.
I just didn't expect so many A holes.
I am more of a prick nowdays and I'm glad we took a deposit from the last ingrates, I feel I'm getting payed to clean up after them.

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.