Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The Bone Yard is Gone.




Hi folks, here's an update in the continuing saga...

CLOWN HOUSE IN CRISIS!

For hours and hours, we have been pulling bike parts and other stuff from cubby holes and shelves, loading them on bike trailers and hauling them out to waiting people in other parts of town. Anything that looks trashy has been removed, and in an astounding display of courage and loyalty, Rabbit, Loco Susto, Lynn, Tiago, Carol, Twitch and and others loaded a fantastic parade of metal on trailers, with tall bikes, and took it off into the night and out of my life.
The deadline for removal is 2:30 Wed. Knowing that we couldn't do it alone, We called upon our friend Kristin to show up in his super long van. We looked like soldiers, loading the van twice with all manner of bikes and bike-related peraphanalia.
I feel good thinking about where all the bikes went. The idea behind me collecting so much stuff is to get it on the road, in the place of cars, if at all possible. Where our stuff went, I'm confident it will reach people who can't afford a bike.
It just struck me: the same people will be served by the bike heap as before, I just won't be the guy building them HAHAHA! I win, Portland. Hahahahaha!
OH, wait, I still have to deal with getting rid of props and other stuff,plus theres the two inspections...more later, I gotta get busy, love yall
D.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
WOBG said...

Hey Dingo, thanks for letting me prowl the boneyard in the dark. These stout old cr-mo MTB frames will make good commuters for someone. BTW, here's a link to legend of that Lambert/Viscount death fork you have: http://www.sheldonbrown.com/lambert.html

Anonymous said...

:( i hope the clown house still has events....

Sorry I forgot your birthday song.